Thursday, November 4, 2010

Playing Outside

Yesterday was a cool but sunny days. Maya had a short nap, Katie had none, and I was going crazy with them inside. So I packed some cookies and apples for a snack for the guys who were working outside and went to surprise them. I hooked Gordie up to our wagon and the two of us pulled the wagon to the pavilion. (Sorry, no pics)
While we were there talking about how to best put some interlocking brick down, Maya was finding the most comfortable spot to sit and watch.
Meanwhile, Katie decided to run away and go down to the pond by herself. A big NO NO! I went down to get her and then after she asked nicely if I could come with her to the pond we went to hang out on the dock.
She loved looking down between the board and was hoping to see fish or frogs. Sorry girls, they are gone for the winter.
It was beautiful and calm down there and I enjoyed some special one on one time with my big girl On the way back Katie wanted to crawl on the boat like a bear. Not like a lion or a tiger, like a bear she said. Running to catch mommy.
Waiting for us at the Pavilion was Maya. I love it when they come running when they see me or Daddy.
Wrestling with Mommy in the leaves. Katie joined us shortly after, but with both of them climbing on top of me, taking pics is pretty much impossible.
We all had a lot of fun!
P.S. And bedtime was short and painless.






1 comment: