Friday, December 10, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE

My big girl turned 3 today!! Wow. 3 years ago she was less than 1 hour old, and now she's walking and talking and there's no stopping her.
We'll have the "official" birthday party with the grandparents next week, so we'll have a cake again then. But Katie very much understands that birthdays involve cakes and blowing out candles so I made some cupcakes instead
Blowing out the candles - the highlight of her birthday.
Katie asked for a chocolate cake with smarties on it, and I think it turned out pretty nice
As most 3 year olds have it. Katie was mostly just interested in the icing and the smarties
On to opening the gifts. Daddy did a great job wrapping them. He make the one package look like a giant candy. Inside were a new sweater and slippers.
Yesterday afternoon Katie told me that she would like some slippers for her birthday. I figured that I have an evening to make them, so as we watched Toy Story 3 (worth seeing) I knitted away and by midnight had the pair ready to wrap.
She wanted them on right away and they haven't come off, except to go outside to play.
Strawberry Shortcake Divio (Katie's mix of DVD and video) with a Christmas story. (Kids are watching it as we speak, that's why I have time for this longer post)
Very conscientiously I didn't open the package Katie got in the mail a couple of weeks ago from Aunt Mel. Knowing Katie's birthday was coming up I tucked the unopened package in the closet to be opened on her b-day. And wouldn't you know, it was an advent "calender". I guess I should have opened it when it arrived. Oh well, now Katie can open 2 envelopes in a day. We decided not to let her open 10 in one day. (And Mel, I think you are in denial - you definitely are crafty!!)
Maya missed the birthday meal since we were late getting it ready and she was just too tired. When she got up from her nap she was all ready to have her share of the cake.
Maybe I'm a bad mommy, but I just gave her the cupcake that Katie "undecorated" earlier. Obviously Maya didn't care.
Yummy cake!!
Gotta go and feed the kidlets now, so I'll sign off 'til next time.

3 comments:

  1. glad she got it. she can share it with maya. i figured maya was a bit to young still

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best age, lovely soft, warm, wet mouth for sucking, soft, moist, warm, puffy, bald, tight little pu--y for fingering, still covered in pee so it tastes fantastic, old enough to enjoy getting fingered and licked and respond but too young to tell

    ReplyDelete