Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas in the air

Just a very quick post. As usual we had a busy week with appointments, meetings, visiting, cleaning, and organizing and getting ready for our Liebenzeller Staff Christmas tomorrow. I did want to put up a few pics of our Christmasy home. We finally have enough snow that the outside feels like Christmas as well.
It doesn't show well, but I have a little Snowmen collection. I didn't actually plan to start collecting, but over the years they showed up in gifts etc. so now I have my little snowmen winterland to start my seasonal decorating
Some lights, a nice sign that Jeff bought for me a few years ago and so we get a little quiet evening atmosphere (after 10 p.m. when we can be sure that the kids are actually in bed and sleeping - it's been a struggle the last couple of weeks, but that's a different story)

Our Christmas tree went up Tuesday night. Yes, it is fake, but until the kids are old enough to come hunt for a real tree, this will do.
This is the view from the livingroom
and this is my favorite aspect of our Christmas tree. I can put it behind bars - or more truthfully, keep the girls from climbing it and stealing all the ornaments. I know, it may be lazy of me, but the only place we can put up a tree is where the kids always play, and I just cannot be with them constantly. We do have it open when we are right with them and can teach them not to touch and only to look, but for some reason that lesson doesn't seem to sink in with either one of them very much. So behind bars goes the tree and Mommy will keep the thread of sanity I still have.
Mueti and Vati are here overnight and tomorrow we have a little B-day lunch party for Katie with all the relatives that are in the province/country. (Both sets of grandparents and Uncle Marc). In the afternoon is our Liebenzeller party, lots of fun and activity for the kids. Hopefully not too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment