Thursday, December 9, 2010

Busy Week

Before I go into the other stuff, I'll just share a couple of pics to make you smile. Turns out our girls get the best bedheads ever.
Presenting Maya:


I love those still a bit sleepy, snuggly minutes in the morning, though Maya is often ready to be playing and running around as soon as we get her from the crib.

WORK
This is our crazy busy week. We had/have 4 different groups here in one week. Today we have a double hitter (a board meeting and a leadership retreat), yesterday the 17 LMC volunteers finished their 3 day retreat (Sun-Wed), and tomorrow we have the leadership team leave around 5 p.m. and a group of women arriving around 10 p.m. for a 3 day ladies' retreat. Lots of fun! I do feel overwhelmed a bit these days with Katie's birthday, birthday party, Christmas parties, getting ready for our own quiet and peaceful Christmas (ha!), the mission work, and 2 very busy girls. And the laundry, cleaning, refereeing, cooking, and and and. I'm sure all you moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about. It takes a lot of effort to stay calm, look to Jesus for the patience I certainly don't have on my own and then keep working in His strength. "One day at a time" Jeff says. "One minute at a time" is what might just get me through this.
Right now Maya is napping and Jeff took Katie with him to do some running around while I'm at home making sure everything is running smoothly with our groups. Which reminds me, I need to go stoke the fire so I'll sign off for now.

2 comments:

  1. wow x2! LOVE maya's hair, not so much your work load. ouch! but you can do it! have a great day sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny, i just sat down with a coffee and saw the first pic and thought "man, i feel like her hair!" haha

    yep, life is busy!

    ReplyDelete