Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yogurt and Meatballs

Lately Maya has been "asking" to use cutlery to eat (Katie on the other hand still prefers her fingers...sigh). Anyway, this morning she gave yogurt a try. Not exactly sure if it was a success, but Maya had fun at least.

Look at me she says;)
EASIEST "MEATBALLS" EVER
Katie was helping me make some meatballs this morning. I started with 1 lbs ground beef
Katie then cracked the egg, added 1/4c bread crumbs
Added some onion soup mix, and then told me she was all done, so I did the mixing.
Then instead of rolling balls out of the meat mixture, I just put in on a cookie sheet, cut with a knife (but didn't separate them).
Baked at 375F for about 15-20 min. Ta da!
I rinsed them to get rid of some of the fat and added them to my sweet & sour sauce. (They are also great for spagetti)
They are great for making ahead of time and freeze too.



1 comment:

  1. question...i make my balls (hahaha) almost the same way, i make like a years supply at a time and freeze them....

    question...do you put the slab of meat on a flat sheet? have you tried putting the meat on a drip tray on top of a cookie sheet/pan then cut them up and cook them? i love that you cut them, instead of rolling them, it would save me much time but i don't want to cook them in the fat....would it work on a cookie/drip tray? have you tried that?

    long enough question eh...hope i make sense

    see how great a blog can be ;)

    ReplyDelete