Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Between a rock and a hard spot

I was working away yesterday when I heard Maya using her frustrated and angry cry/scream. When I found her she was wedged between my desk and the wall. (I was able to distract her long enough to take a nice picture, but then the crying was on again.)

The only way she was able to come out was when I held her hand and pulled her up to standing. She was unable to get herself out of the predicament she got herself in. Oh, and she did this at least 3 times in just one day.

Aren't we often just the same in our own lives. We see something that looks like fun, and it just fits, not hard to get into. But all of a sudden we find ourselves stuck in exactly that "fun" place and we cannot get out without help. We may fuss and scream, sometime we just sit there and hope that somehow either the rock or the hard spot change (good luck on that), or we try to get out by our own might without much success, either way we're still stuck.

We need someone's help to get out. Sometimes it's the Lord's soft wisper and promise that we can cling to, other times God sends another person to help us up.

I am so glad that He doesn't leave us to our own devices, but comes to the rescue every time (even if we, too, keep getting stuck in the same place)

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the time i got stuck in Mark's exercising pipe, the one that was about 16" diameter and 3 or 4 feet long. i had crawled in belly-down but somehow decided i was going to bend my knees up so my feet were touching my bum. of course i couldn't get out anymore and dad had to come rescue me. i still remember how i marvelled at how smart my dad was to be able to so simply get me unstuck...good times...

    ReplyDelete