Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall Family Day

Last weekend we had our annual Fall Family day. Basically it's just an open house of the mission with coffee&tea, wiener roast, games, crafts etc. We set up in pouring rain on Friday, but Saturday turned out beautiful (despite the cloomy forecast). We probably had about 50 people out, most from Toronto and it looked like they all had a great time.

Coffee station. The donuts disapeared in a hurry, but I don't think anyone went hungry. We had lots of hotdogs as well and some of the guests brought some food and fruit as well.

Katie and Daddy on their turn for a horse back ride on a nice trail on the property, maybe about 10 min., and on a real horse (they were huge). At the local fair that same weekend you would have paid $4 for about 5 min on a little pony tied to a wheel going in circles. The Percheron draft horse is definitely the way to go.

Maya and I also got a turn. The highlight of the ride was when the hores went "poopy". go figure!

We also had a puppet show that I think both the kids and adults enjoyed. I missed most of it because I was at home with Maya during her nap, but I just got the tail end of it and it looked like fun.

Mr. Apple Head craft. I don't like to do a lot of crafts that takes lots of prep work ahead of time and you have to throw out what didn't get used. Also, we have enough crafts and paintings at home already and I know other families are like that too, so I wanted to do something edible, low prep, and no waste. These apple heads seemed to fit the bill.

Adults also had lots of fun and got creative.

other kids just stuck the candy on without rhym or reason and then got busy eating it. Whatever works.

It was a busy but fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment