Saturday, October 1, 2011

This and That

As usual we're busy with not much to show for, but usually we have fun, often the kids are playing nicely, often they're not. But such is life with young children. This post isn't really about anything, but giving glimpses of some of what we've been up to.
Daddy has a way of playing with the girls. I tend to just sit down and read a book with them between doing other stuff, but I know the girls love it when Daddy gets on the floor with them and plays. Lots of fun playing horsies.

Some of my entries to the local fair. Very happy about my first price for the banana bread. Jeff got a 2nd and 3rd for tallest sunflower and biggest sunflower head. I also got 3 more 3rd for my Zopf (bread), zucchini loaf and zucchini relish. The price money was just enough to pay the entrance fee to the fair. Even swap, works for me.

Wed. mornings Maya and I go to our church for coffee hour and quilting. Maya usually plays quite nicely before everyone else gets there for coffee, then she is a little social butterfly and entertainer while the gang is there drinking coffee and eating treats, and then after when I go back to quilting she usually watches a kids video. It works quite well.

This is the quilt we're working on right now. It is so cute. Very month has a little picture. If it were for sale I would love to get a quilt like that for each of the girls. Maybe when they're a little older. All we do is doing the sowing together, the patchwork is done by someone else. Who knows, once the girls are both in school I might take up the patchwork part of it too. And yet I have a feeling that my days will be busy even when both girls are gone for the day. And anyway that's another 2 years away. For now I'll enjoy the Wed morning and leave the rest to dreaming.

Anyway, it's time to go feed the family. I hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment