Saturday, October 8, 2011

And another week has come and gone

We've had a busy, but a good week. I think one of the highlights was my Tues morning ladies' Bible study back in Elmira that I've decided is worth the 45 min drive. It is so nice to still feel at home at our old church and have good friends there. My low was probably yesterday when I was crying my eyes out because sometimes parenting is just so hard! I'm sure all you parents out there have had moments like that. I told Jeff that I can't even have a mental/emotional breakdown without getting interrupted by my kids. But really the girls are so wonderful and I love them both so much!
Katie being her mischievious self

She got a hold of my camera and went on a photo hunt

Sneaking up on Maya

Getting closer....

Gotcha!!

Maya got to practice for halloween. She was wearing the same doggie outfit last year, but this year it actually fits her.

Having a cutie moment. She steps onto the little car to reach the books and then sits down and reads quitely. (That happens maybe about once a month - all the other times she doesn't slow down long enought to sit and read a whole book)


THE RABBITS

This is our 3rd batch of baby rabbits. Blackie had 9 little ones and they are now at the perfect cute stage. Their eyes are open and they are starting to come out of their nestboxes.
The girls being very good and gentle.

Their attention span is fairly short though so the rabbits don't get smothered too much

Jeff's shed is finally operational. We have 6 large cages plus the one with the mommy and babies (outside). In a couple of weeks when the babies are weaned we'll process our older rabbits to make room in the shed.


I have no idea why, but this is how Katie watched a good part of her show this morning.



RETREAT

This weekend we had another church for a retreat. We've really enjoyed spending time with them and eating their yummy food:)

The weather was just perfect today for a wonderful picnic lunch under a beautiful fall tree.

Spending some time with my girls. They grow up so fast! It won't be long before they'll be able to read their own books, so I'll enjoy the time we have snuggling and reading together.

Tomorrow we are heading out to Jeff's parents for a couple of days and my brother Marc will join us on Monday for Thanksgiving dinner. We're looking forward to some special family time. Maya and Katie have been asking to see Grandma and Grandpa all week, finally we get to say "Yes, today we're going to see them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment