Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vacation and other fun

We had a good time off last week. We didn't really do much except for the first weekend.
Friday afternoon I headed to P-ville to drop the girls off at grandma and grandpa and then after supper headed over to my friends house to my semi-annual scrapbooking weekend.
It was so nice to spend a weekend working creatively without being interrupted by girls or having to cook or plan anything. We scrapbooked away until 2 a.m. on Friday night, all day Saturday (earlier bedtime this day maybe around 11 p.m.) and then on Sunday until 5. Thank you Shelley for hosting us once again.

I am the only digital scrapbooker, but I still enjoy getting together with all the other ladies. I work on our family year book that has become the annual Christmas present for both sets of grandparents and for us. The girls like looking at them every so often, especially the ones I made for each of their first year.


While I was dropping the kids off, Jeff went out into the bush and had a successful hunt!!! I was so excited to hear that he had an awesome start for his vacation. Today he went to cut it up and we are looking forward to many a venison dinner.

Now that we have meat in the freezer Jeff is out for what he calls a hat rack. Trophy buck only from now on.


The other day Maya did not want to settle at night, so we closed the door and let her cry for a bit. After a short while she settled down and we figured that she went off to sleep. When we checked on her before we went to bed this is how we found her:

She must have been very tired that she didn't climb back into bed, but just half craweld under it.

Aunt Brenda, the blankie that you gave her for her first Christmas has become HER blankie. Katie never attached herself to any transitional object, but Maya sure does like her blankie.

Katie had a family Pumpkin carving day at school last week. We had a lot of fun measuring, exploring and then carving her pumpkin.

Katie drew the eyes and the mouth and helped empty out all the seeds. We were supposed to count the seeds, but I stopped after 130 (less then half of them counted)

We are looking forward to Halloween on Monday and I'll try my best to take pics and put them on the blog for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment