Monday, May 30, 2011

Water!!!

So we have this kiddy pool in our backyard, and with all the rain we've been getting, it seems like there is always water in it. And with my two half-duck kids it seems they are already wet by the time I remember to check the pool.
So today, after Maya was already wet and dirty I figured that since they were calling for hot weather (finally!!!) I would fill it up with clean water so that in the afternoon the girls could play. Yeah right!
No sooner was there 1/2 inch of water in the pool, Maya was in there, shoes, shorts, shirt, the whole deal. That water comes straight from the well and it is cold. Didn't seem to bother the girls. (Oh and by the way, I should mention that all this is before 9 a.m.)

So much fun!!

Drinking straight from the hose! What can I say? Once she was wet, I might as well let her play.

When Katie wanted to be part of the action, at least she requested that I put on her swimming suit. And of course once katie had hers on Maya wanted hers too.

Double slide! Good thing too as they are still learning this whole "take turns" thing. They are getting much better, but if I'm not right there to referee having two slides makes things easier.
So after at least an hour of play they both had a shower before lunch and then we spent the afternoon running errands. I guess it was good they got into the water action right away or they would have missed out in the afternoon.

Tomorrow is supposed to be hot and humid again. Maybe I'll just dress them in their swimming suit before I even let them outside.

How do you cope with the heat??

1 comment:

  1. Your two girls are soooooo cute!...and wet :-)
    Greetings from the other side of the world, Sarah

    ReplyDelete