Saturday, May 21, 2011

Garden

So, according to the weather forecast we're in for more rain for the next 4 days, plus the ground took until this afternoon to dry enough to till, so today was the day to put in our garden.
Katie and I were gone in the morning grocery shopping, plus picking up some tomatoe and pepper plants. Jeff cleaned out all our critters and then got busy working up the garden.

Then after I got my last load of laundry on the line we got busy planting. Jeff made all the rows/hills/beds and I got to sowing and planting. So this is what we got: Cutting flowers, Sweet Corn, Cucumber, Pumpin, Butternut Squash, Butter Cup Squash, and another Squash I forgot what kind, giant Sunflowers, 2 types potatoes, carrots, 2 types of bush beans, beets, zucchini, red and green peppers and 3 types of tomatoes. I still want to add some summer savory to the beans and basil with the tomatoes. I am beat and quite mosquito bitten!! But I'm still looking forward to a girls night out.

So, what did the girls do all this time. They played nicely!!! in the cold cold water in our kiddy pool for over an hour. Then Maya got too cold and we took her inside. Katie was also done in the water, but shivering she wanted to help Mommy plant the garden now. I asked her many different times if she was cold and wanted to go inside, but NO, she wanted to help mommy and plant "another one" whatever it was. She was a great help and sowed all the squash, pumpkin and most of the sunflowers. I think we will all sleep well tonight!!

3 comments:

  1. there is a correction Jeff took Maya inside, she was cold as a popsicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know, Jeff posted that first comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ursi and Jeff, the garden lookes great. And your team-work has good results. Wish you Gods blessing in the growing season. And no sick kids. Love you alll! Muetti

    ReplyDelete