Saturday, May 28, 2011

Big Scare

Tonight Katie gave me a big scare! I am at the mission by myself this weekend, Jeff has gone on a long overdue and definitely deserved fishing/hunting/treeclimbing weekend at his cousin's. Anyway I had the girls all settled in bed and was reading in the living room to wait until the girls are sleeping before I go outside to close up the rabbits and chicken for the night. So after it's been quiet for a while I want to check and Katie was not in her bed, she wasn't in the room, she wasn't in my room, or the bathroom, or the office. I started calling for her, checked outside (we have a sliding door in our bedroom, though I figured I should have hear her if she went outside). I checked inside again, then outside again, by now I was starting to get really scared. The property is so huge, where would I go to search first. I went back inside and called again when she came running "here I am". She thought it was funny (she had hid under Maya's crib in the dark behind a pile of blankets). Once she realized how scared I was and that it was not at all funny and that it made Mommy cry she started to tear up and said "I'm sorry mommy". I'm sure every parent goes through something like this and the scenarios that come to mind are not pretty. I'm just so glad to have my two beautiful girls safely asleep in their beds. And I think that's were I'm headed very shortly too. Good night to all.

1 comment:

  1. i would TOTALLY freak out! not funny at all! glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete