Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

The kids are down for a nap (if I'm lucky for another half an hour or so - I've already had an hour nap since I've put them to bed). The group is still here and I think Jeff is over there visiting and cleaning the mission with them. Tomorrow we're getting our new batch of missionary candidates in for a week of orientation here at the mission. So next week will be busy. (Oh and by the way, that half hours turned out to be 1/2 minute- they're both up and going, but I'm hoping I can still get this post done without too much interruption)
Anyway, here's what we've been up to these last few days.
Jeff and our two volunteers have been working hard to get our two skating ponds in tip top shape. I don't really get out there much, but if I do, the girls have lots of fun.
There's a little island in the middle which makes a great spot for Katie to watch the pick up hockey game in relative safety. Maya on the other hand was having none of that and kept running away to join the game. So we didn't stay very long.
Once again Uncle Marc joined our family. It is so nice to see how the girls get so much more comfortable with him, and he does a great job playing and interacting with Katie and Maya (he makes the best indoor climbing structure ever)
I caught the two of them watching Katie's bed time show. Katie was all snuggled in and leaning on uncle Marc. So sweet.
Too bad all the other uncles are so far away :(
SCRAPBOOKING WEEKEND
It was nice to get away for 2 nights, 1 1/2 days with out the family to just concentrate on getting my scrapbooking done. There's a 20% off discount this month, so I do have to get back to it for just a few minor adjustments, but the concentration-needed creative stuff is all done. Thanks so much to Shelley and her family for having me for a couple of days.
Jeff and the girls came for a visit before we headed out to pick up uncle marc so Katie got a little lesson in traditional scrapbooking.
I like the digital scrapbooking, it is much more small kid friendly. Just a laptop is all I need. Easily packed and moved, even though little fingers still like to get into stuff (esp. Maya seems to have the need to touch the computer)
Maya was tackling me while I had the camera handy. Little ham she is!

BACK HOME
The group that's here this weekend asked if they can come to our church this Sunday. "Sure, not problem, that would be neat". Then I got thinking, we always have coffee and snack after service. If I show up with 20 young men and women (almost doubling our small country church congregation) I had better bring some snacks so the person that's signed up to bring snack won't be emptied out in the first 15 min. So I spend the rest of the afternoon baking cookies and muffins. Turns out though, that this sunday we also had a baby baptism with lots of guests and the family hosted a luncheon after church. It was so crowded that we all left without even making it to the food counter. So I guess I wouldn't have needed to spend 3 hours in the kitchen, but hopefully the other guests to our church will appreciate the goodies.
Well, the group for next weekend has cancelled, so I should find some time to blog then.
Muetti and Vati are coming for an overnight visit tonight so we're looking forward to this very short notice visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment