Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bits of this and bits of that

Maya is having a nap, Katie is playing with her leapster, Jeff is out hunting, the group is in session and I have a few minutes to blog.
We had a very busy couple of days. Mueti and Vati came for a very short notice visit Sunday afternoon and were a God-sent help to me on Monday. We had to prepare the mission for our 10 German missionary interns that are here for their orientation before they are going into Toronto (Rudy and Sarah, the Eversbergs are Julia's in-laws). Plus we had the Liebenzell Board meeting that evening so I was cooking and baking for 30 ppl. I was so glad that Daddy was playing with the kids in the morning while Mom and I were in the kitchen. Everything went well, food was good, everything was ready when our mission guests arrived and I was in bed and sleeping by 9:30 p.m.

Sunday night both girls were enjoying playing with Grosi and Grosvati. During this visit both girls really gravitated to Grosvati, he always has a pen in his shirt pocket with is a magnet for Maya, and Katie wanted him to read stories to her.
Maya finally got a hold of that treasured pen.
Katie and Grosvati reading Dora - probably for the 100th time by now.
The next day we got some help from Nikki (our boss's daughter) to help with the girls while Jeff and I joined the session with the candidates. The girls both had fun in their "tub" having a toy bath.
In the afternoon we went outside for some snow fun.
Each couple built a snow fort and then of course you have to have a snowball fight after.
After a busy and cold afternoon outside, Daddy was very tired. Maya and I had gone to Kitchener to pick up Uncle Marc and when we got home Katie was watching a show and Daddy had some shut eye.
Bath time at night. Katie found her own water wings. The blue thing is actually a faucet protector, but I can see where Katie gets the idea of using it as a water wing.
Yesterday the girls and I went to St.Catherines to visit our friend Amanda and her new baby Hayden, but I didn't really take any pictures.
The group for this weekend cancelled short notice so we are looking forward to a slow weekend. Probably going swimming with our friends Nick and Heidi and kids, or else just going for a visit. It's nice to have a weekend off!!

3 comments:

  1. Now I can write the real comment. I was with Christian working to put comments in the blog. so now I am on may own ! Thank you for your commenting from our wekend. We liked it verry much to be with you too. Hope you can enjoy your weekend off , visiting with your friends and have fun with the kids . I wish you a good new week again. Love Muetti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie has a pretty lil ch--dpu-sy, love to wash with my tongue and get my fingers in it

    ReplyDelete