Friday, January 20, 2012

What's "normal" at our house

UNCLE MARC
We love having uncle Marc visit us every week and as the girls get older, they are enjoying their super uncle more and more. He makes the best jungle gym and is a great horsie.
Lots of fun was had by all.

My brother was keeping the girls out of trouble as I was finishing up supper. I think Marc definitely earned his meal.

Down Katie goes, laughing all the way...

... and back up she goes. Thank you Marc for being such a special uncle to them.


TEA PARTY Katie and Maya both love having tea parties with this mini!!!! teaset Katie got for Christmas. My parents came to our house to practice the alphorns with me so I sequestered (sp??) the girls to their room


Maya was trying to be the host

Good thing they only served water, as the cup was tipped as much as the pot.

Of course we can't have my parents over without a coffee time!! Those of you who know my family know how true that is! As you might guess from the perspective, Katie was the photographer. She loves using the camera and often goes on totally unpredictable photo scavenger hunts in the house.

While we were still having coffee, Maya was trying out the alphorns and Katie caught her in the act.



NORMAL MORNING This morning the girls played together quite nicely. Hey set up their house under the table and spent a good hour reading books and playing with their dolls and whatever toys they dragged under there.

Then Katie went off with the camera again. I think she did a great job taking Maya's pic

Katie's view of our fishtank with one lonely surviver (we started out with 5)

Posing for the budding photographer as I'm busy cleaning up the kitchen.

Things that capture a 4 year olds attention!?!

Well I don't know if I'll get another post in before we head for Cuba!!!! I'll be sure to post some pics when we get back.



And for those of you who are wondering, I'm sure I'll miss the girls but I am so excited to have some time with just Jeff, sleep whenever - without interruption, read without feeling guilty and just soaking up the sun!!

1 comment:

  1. that's the beauty of family. there is no normal! ha

    as nate would say "have a good trip. have a good day. see you when you get home. remember to obey your boss. listen to your teacher. good bye! see you later! see you next week! see you when you get home bye! bye! byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" (yelling at the top of his loud voice so everyone on the st can hear!)

    have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete