Monday, January 9, 2012

Ahoy there Mate!

Last Saturday Katie and Maya transformed a Fisher Price garden/workshop table into a Pirate ship. Add all the other toys and chairs around it and voila. You get hours of fun!
Katie with her spotting scope, Maya has her pirate hat and I got to use my eye patch.

Lots of fun was had by all. I was thrilled by their imaginative play, but even more so by their co-operative play!!!
Check out the fish and duck in the "water". Katie played with the pirate ship all day!! Maya jumped ship after about an hour or so and went about her own business...

...until she found my eye patch and wanted back into the game.



Meanwhile I was trying to fold some laundry. As usual I got interrupted and ended up leaving some of my folded laundry on the table in my work room (used to be dining room just off the kitchen).





After supper, I could hear Katie exclaim about how beautiful she looked. Maya totally agreed. When I checked what they got into I had to laugh out loud and run for the camera.




Yup, she was wearing Daddy's boxers as a skirt, a necklace and a shawl.


Anyway, I hope you are having a wonderful week. Till next time.

3 comments:

  1. Ursi , I enjoyed to read your blog!!!!!!!!!! How much fun you all had. I am glad for you to enjoy your girls. This are the regenerating moments for a mom. Thanks God. Love Muetti

    ReplyDelete
  2. love creative play. so fun. nate's been building building with blocks and knocking them down...to make new ones...for 30 mins now. love it! fun! fun!


    now give them some play doh muwahhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! I love the boxer dress! hilarious.

    ReplyDelete