Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Weekend"

No responsibilities, no expectations, no to do list, no plan = a little bit of heaven for this tired mom.

My "weekend" started Thursday mid morning as I drove off to meet my mom in Listowel for lunch. We met up at one of my favorite stores - the spinery outlet store where I can get some great deals on yarn seconds. After another successful purchase (enough yearn to make about 4 pairs of slippers and a pair of wool socks) we headed to a really nice restaurant. We sat, ate and talked for close to an hour and a half. It was so nice to visit with mom as woman to woman. She's become a dear friend to me and I enjoyed the time just the two of us.
After Mom left to go to the mission I had a couple of errand to run. One of which I have to mention and put in a plug for Marks Work Wearhouse. I had bought a pair of jeans there about a year ago and they completely wore through at the crotch. So without a receipt and a pair of old jeans I went in to see if they would do anything about it. They exchanged it for a brand new pair, no questions asked! I was very impressed!! They will definitely continue to get my business!!
Anyway, it was probably 4 p.m. by the time I got to the farm. Mom had the downstairs appartment set up so lovingly and beautiful. A couple of nice notes, chocolates, fresh fruit, a candle. I felt so loved! Thanks again Mueti!!
So what did I do for the next 40 hours or so. I did a 500 pc puzzle, read a book, slept when and for how long I wanted, spent some time in the hot tub (where Mom left another special treat for me), did some knitting, ate when I felt like it, slept some more, dyed my hair (dark mahogany) and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. I did not listen to music or the radio and I watched maybe 15 min of TV. There was just one small alarm clock downstairs so most of the time I didn't even know what time it was, and I didn't need to know and I didn't care. So nice!! All day Friday it was snowing, blowing and stroming outside. There was a 3 foot drift across the garage so even if I would have wanted to leave I would have been stuck. Thankfully a neighbour came to blow out the driveway Saturday morning so I could head out to go back home.
On the way home I stopped at Zellers and spent almost 2 hours browsing and got a few needed things. I enjoyed being able to take my time, not having to worry about being done at a certain time and not having the kids along made the numberous trips to the change room much relaxing.
I got back home around 3:30, in time to have a coffee with Mueti, say good bye to the group that was here for the weekend and play with the girls. Katie has come down with a fever, but is feeling better again now.
While I was gone one of the fun things the girls did was build their first snowman. Before now the snow was always too dry or the weather too cold.
I think Mueti and Jeff had just as much fun building the snowman as the girls did.Well, Katie wants my help with something, so I'll sign off for today.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I'm glad to hear you had a chance to rest and relax. i hope you're refreshed and rejuvenated for the days to come. love, chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ursi. We had a good time too. Love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!Have a wonderfull week and God bless you . Muetti

    ReplyDelete