Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chocolate and more

Hello all, I thought it's time to put up another post. Both kids are running around and causing havoc so we'll see how much I get to write without breaking up fights, rescuing my sugar bowl or keep them from climbing tables, shelves, each other or me. Especially Maya is a culprit of the latter - anything that's taller than her is an open invitation to climb. Anyway..
The other day we had chocolate pudding for dessert. Maya insisted on using the spoon all by herself.
She did a pretty good job, open wide, aim, but..
chocolate pudding is only half the fun if you don't have it over half your face too.
Katie is getting better, but then it's probably more an issue of not wasting any of the goodness.
Katie was having one of her occasional afternoon naps and Maya and I got to spend some time in the kitchen together. First I had to do some dishes and she helped me by cleaning some bathtoys in the other sink.
Then on we went to so some baking. A very delicious, very rich, pretty simple Turtle cake.
Maya inspecting a chocolate chip before making sure it meets standards.
And of course you can't bake without licking the beaters. And since Katie did not want to get up, Maya didn't even have to share.
PICNIC SNACK
Today after I gave the girls a little snack, they both just sat down nicely together and had a picnic (so says Katie)
This is Katie's silly face. We had to teach her that a scowl is not a silly face. Maya's silly face used to be squinty eyes and a wrinkled nose. I don't know how but now if you ask her to do her silly face she shoves her finger up her nose, up to her second joint - not very picture friendly.
Anyway I hope you'll have a great week.
I'll be taking off Thur mid morning for 2 days and nights of quiet and solitude!! Can hardly wait.

1 comment:

  1. hey! how come you keep getting weekends and weeks off and we don't!?!?

    ReplyDelete