Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another week come and gone

It's been quite a week. Constant guests at the mission (including 2 little boys), the usual busy girls and last weekend I think my body just gave out/up. Friday evening we were playing games with our guests when I started feeling a little pain in my neck. I didn't think much of it, except that I was getting tired and should probably go to bed soon. However, it got worse and worse from there and by Sunday my mobility was pretty much ZERO with a lot of pain. Things are finally improved enough that normal life isn't torment in my neck anymore, but I still have to be careful with turning my head too much. Anyway, life goes one and by next week we are on our own again at the mission. Our two German volunteers will have left do to some traveling before heading back to Germany, and our mission guests will have returned home so that during the week at least it will be just our family. We really enjoy having guests, and the guys have helped a lot with projects and also with the girls, but we're looking forward to a slower pace.

Before my neck went on the frizz we did have some fun times outside. Let me share some pics.
Katie, Maya and I decided to bring the guys a little snack as they were working in the bush at the back of the property. Rather than bringing the heavy wagon this time I opted for the much lighter toboggan and sled. Worked great!
The girls loved it, especially going down the hill. "Run, Mommy, run" "Go fast" was the cry from the girls.
Maya having fun and taking it easy.
Katie was being a little lazy too. Not only did she want to get pulled, but laying down was her prefered mode of transportation.
Safety first!! When the guys come out from the job site Maya wanted to try on Andy's safety glases, and surprisingly left them on long enough to get some cute pictures.
At home, after a busy day the girls (and Daddy) love to cuddle during their "Schoggi Milch" (chocolate milk) and show time before heading off to bed.
Our snow was almost gone, but we got enough of a skiff again to do some more tobogganing. Maya liked to wander off and just play in the snow on her own.
My girls and I enjoyed using our little hill for some exercise and fun.

Sunday afternoon Grosi and Grosvati came to look after the girls while Jeff and I got to go for an overnight to ... wait for it... Guelph (about 15 min away;) Because of my stiff neck it wasn't quite what we were hoping for, but we still enjoyed a movie date (King's Speech), a night at a nice hotel (travelocity Secret Hotel saved us over $50), a leisurely breakfast and going out for lunch (and a visit to the Chiropracter) before heading home again.
Meanwhile the girls enjoyed hanging out with Grosi and Grosvati who are continuing to instill the importance of coffee time in the girls.
Even with the neck and all that it was so nice to get some time away and we're looking forward to maybe doing it again sometime soon. Thank you so much Mom and Dad. We are so glad that you can be such an active role in our girls' (and our) lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ursi, it is great to see the pictures of your two beautiful girls! How tall they already are! Greetings from Asia, Sarah

    ReplyDelete