Monday, March 28, 2011

Miscellaneous Busyness

Today is Board Meeting day, which means I cook supper and dessert for a group of about 15. Right now all I have left is a couple of dishes to wash, put the food in the oven and make up some salad. Mueti came for a little visit and took the girls outside so I have some time to blog. It's been very busy around here, with now signs of slowing down. I will try to keep up with the bogging, we'll see how it goes. Anyway, here are just a few glimpses at what we've been up to the last couple of weeks or so. A couple of weekends ago we had visitors (one of Jeff's old climbing buddies). It was nice to catch up with them (he's now married and has a 7 month old baby) after almost 5 years. I can't believe I actually got a nice picture with all 3 kids sitting and looking so nicely. I just had to post it.
After a couple of nice drying, sunny, warm days we got another dumping of snow. About a foot in less than 24 hours. The most snow in one day all winter. It's been sunny but cold since so the snow is still here.
Going outside for a "walk" with girls. I did most of the walking, the girls did most of the sledding. Even so it was nice to get some fresh air.
Katie wanted a bandaid for her eye and I told her that you can't really put band aids on eyes...
...she proved me wrong.
"Feet off the table, Maya" is a constant refrain at our meals. I know I can barely sit properly in a chair, and Maya is definitely following my footsteps in that way. The ice cream habit on the other side is definitely Jeff.
Maya also takes after Jeff as far as climbing goes. I'm surprised she doesn't get hurt more often as she is constantly trying to get up something. She loves to get right on top of our table and it's a struggle to try to get her to stay on the ground. Future arborist in the making, I guess.
Katie is a hoot. She loves to hang out with Daddy when he's around. She will run around the house barking or meowing pretending to be animals. (usually waaay too loudly).

On one of the videos we borrowed from the church library she saw the story of Jesus' birth. She now likes to call herself Mary and Maya is Joseph. She would grab Maya's hand, drag her around the house "come on Joseph, let's go". Gotta love their little (or big) imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment