Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Little Chicken Catcher and Egg Gatherers!

So Katie really likes our chickens. They've become quite tame over the last couple of weeks, and Katie's newest favorite game is to try to catch them. Lets have a look.
She calmly follows the chickens...

...then gently makes her move.

Success!

Look at me, Mommy!!

And another catch! The chickens are quite good about being girl-handled. And Katie really is quiet and gentle with them. If we ever go and butcher them, we know who to send in to get them:)




Maya always wants to be part of the action, especially if it is outside!

Off to go and collect the eggs.

She's telling me to stop sticking the camera in her face all the time and just go and get the eggs.

Mission accomplished, the eggs are gathered and in her bucket.

Which she then promply took along as she ran away from me toward the back or our property. I guess she knew that I'd be directing the girls to go back inside after the eggs were gathered, and she wasn't quite ready to go in, eventhough it was still pretty cold outside.

2 comments:

  1. Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute. Soon we see you all. Thanks for taking us allong to the hen pen.Muetti

    ReplyDelete
  2. now chris is gonna bug me to have chickens with the cow that he wants.....haha!

    ReplyDelete