Friday, February 3, 2012

CUBA!!!! Part 1

We are back home, reality set back in, but we had a wonderful time in Cuba. For those of you interested in details, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy, for those of you who don't have time to sit and read I just want to tell you that our resort was wonderful, the ocean blue and warm, the people great and the food was as expected. I would definitely recommed this resort if you are looking for some quiet, restful time in a beautiful rugged setting.



We started our trip at 2 a.m. on Wed morning to catch our 6:30 flight to Santiago de Cuba. We got there at 10:30 and after a 45 min bus ride arrived at Bucanero Resort.


The view from our balcony was awesome! A few palm trees, coral shore and then the ocean!



Our room was great, with the ocean facing wall almost entirely glass.



Enjoying our first meal, with now interruption or jumping up. So nice



We ate most of our meals just outside the main dinning area. You could see the ocean from just about anywhere on the resort.


Heading back to our room, (A la carte restaurant, lobby and pool bar in the rear)






We had a bit of a walk from our buiding to the pool and dining area, and even further to the beach, but we didn't mind at all. (The little yellow tower was the sound booth for the entertainment and was right beside the pool)



View from our "regular" beach chair.



Soaking up the sun, and I've got the tan to prove it:)




Mountain Hike



One of the activities that the entertainment team offered right on the resort was a mountain hike. We thought we would try it. So we met at the bar and then went basically across the street and looked up at the rockface.



I thought our guide was kidding when he told us that this is where we were going..



...but no, he proceeded to scale the cliff. I went right after him, and I was glad I did because if I would have watched people climb up that steep rock, I don't think I would have done it. I was a little nervous once I was 1/2 way up, not rope, no protective wear, nothing. But we all made it up unscathed.






The pictures don't quite capture it, but I think you get the idea.



The view from the top though was definitely worth the tense moments of the climb. It was beautiful!






I had some issues loading the pictures so I had to do two different blogs. Check my "older posts" for the second half of the vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment