Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthday and Tea Parties

We are all feeling better at our house. Not 100%, but definitely better.
Sunday evening we had a short-notice birthday party for Jeff with his parents and Marg from downstairs. We'll have to make up for the missed Mandarin dinner with my parents some other day.
36 years old, 11 of which I got to spend with Jeff as his wife. I am so proud of you and so glad to be part of your family and your life!
Maya tackling her piece of cake. She's doing better every day using cutlery. Katie just ate the icing and the ice cream - but that's not a big surprise for her.
Both girls got matching PJs from Grandma and Grandpa who spent the last 2 + weeks in Florida visiting Jeff's ailing Uncle. It was so nice to have them back and the girls were soaking up all the attention they could get.
Today Katie wanted to have another "Hot Chocolate Tea Party) Which involves mostly eating marshmellows, sitting in a big girl chair and sharing some warm hot chocolate with Mommy.

Katie put up quite nicely with my taking pictures all the time, but she wanted her turn and take a picture of me. I guess for one of the first pictures she's taken it's not bad. As Jeff pointed out both eyes are in the picture, so I guess that's an improvement of the first picture she took that didn't even have my head in it.
Maya sporting piggy tales. She looks like such a big girl! And she climbs everything and her reach is getting much bigger. My baby is gone! :{
Katie and I played the memory game (a matching game at this point), but Maya wanted to play too so today it didn't work so well. I enjoy being able to play games with Katie while Maya naps. Next year I can take the time that Katie is in school to play one-on-one with her. It's crazy to think that in just over 1/2 a year Katie will be in Kindergarden. That's a whole new stage in life!! We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Be so glad it goes better in your home. The "Mandarin Party" is not over! We have it still on credit and that is nice too!! And the growing girls.... every day and every state is a gift from God. Even when there are days ,the gift is, that the evening and night comm for sure.Love you all. Muetti

    ReplyDelete