Friday, February 11, 2011

Another Day

Role reversal! Maya is very proud to use a spoon. She's still learning and sometimes has trouble keeping food on her spoon, but she seems to love eating like the rest of us.
Katie is still not very eager to use utensils and apparently is still quite comfortable getting spoonfed.
My little girl is growing up so fast, but spagetti still gets the better of her.
SICK DAY! After Jeff and Katie've been battling a cold for the last few days, it has spread to Maya and myself. My cough keeps me up at night and slows me down during the day. Maya's low grade fever and cough is really keeping her down. She's been sitting on the couch, barely moving all morning. For those of you who know Maya, staying still for 5 min is a stretch when she's well. Sitting for hours is NOT her style. We hope she'll feel better real soon!
Katie is enjoying the fringe benefit of a sick sister by enjoying WAY MORE than her normal share of screen time. Mommy is enjoying the quieter, much less busy morning. Made some bread for lunch and will work on addressing envelopes for our newsletter and do some reading. We're glad to have a slow weekend.
Jeff's B-day is pretty much pooched though. We had plans to go to the Mandarin with my parents and Uncle Marc - without kids- but that's gonna have to wait. Plus I haven't had any energy to think about birthday gifts. Maybe Katie and I will bake a cake this afternoon.
Happy birthday to Danae as well!! Present is in the mail, but I was told it probably won't make it on time.

2 comments:

  1. Gueti Besserig mini Liebe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muetti

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? you slow down? no way! glad you're getting some rest...maybe next time you won't have to be sick to take a break...love ya, sis!

    ReplyDelete