Monday, February 20, 2012

Since we've been home

It's hard to believe it's been less than 3 weeks since we've come home from Cuba. The vacation seems like years ago. Life is back to normal and the girls finally seem to have readjusted to the fact that they don't have the grandparents's full attention - and that they have to share toys, books, games, etc. After a busy couple of weeks of preparing for Jeff's teaching at the mission, we are now settling into a better work routine.
I'll just share some of the things we've been up to over the last couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy the glimpse into our lives..
Katie kept herself busy while I was tucking Maya in for her nap. When I came back to the living room Katie had made a 7 car train, with the babycrib as the engine

The two girls busy helping me sort the laundry...

...or at least entertaining me while I work.

Maya is pretending to be a college graduate decked out in Mommy and Daddy's unmentionables.



Going for a Sunday walk on the swamp. It was too warm to skate, but still lots of fun to wander through.

silly girl

Together with our visiting friends, we got a "little" fire going in the middle of the ice. Fun was had by all the pyro inclined participants.

Going for a "winter" walk in February. It felt more like end of March/ beginning of April. We definitely enjoyed the sun and the girls worked together nicely. It was either Katie pulling Maya, or Maya helping push when I pulled Katie.

Helping Daddy deal with some wood. First we empied the truck and then went to get a little bit more from the bush.

both girls did a great job helping.

Happy Birthday Daddy!!! We enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner at Jeff's parents house. For the actual birthday we ate filipino food with the group that stayed at the Liebenzell Center. (So I didn't cook for Jeff's B-day at all)

Katie's kindergarten class hosted a Valentine's lunch on Mon 13th. Each child's Valentine was asked to bring a special lunch for the child and themselves. Katie and I had a wonderful meal together and I enjoyed getting to know a couple of mom's better.

The entire class then presented a cute poem for the parents/grandparents and special friends. So cute, I wish I had the camera ready to video instead of taking a picture. Next time I hope to remember in time.

And then there was white again!!! Even though the snow is melting fast in the February sun and above normal temperature we had a lot of fun building a big snowman together. Probably the last one this winter.


We hope you are doing well and enjoyed reading about our life. Blesssings to all, Ursi

1 comment:

  1. Thanke you Ursi to let us walk with you through your work and joy time.I enjoy every time to read the blogs. May God bless you in all you do. Love Muetti.

    ReplyDelete