Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Going, going - but where???

Part of my reading this morning:

REFLECT
From morning until night
I am busy.
Surely all this motion
is getting me somewhere,
isn't it?

Somewhere...
What an indefinite term!
Where am I going?
Am I any closer to being there
than I was yesterday?
I don't know...
I've been so busy going,
I haven't thought about
where...
Of course, i know.
I want to know God,
Now...
as He is revealed in Jesus Christ.

RENEW
Let's check and see if I'm going
ahead,
or backward,
or nowhere...
-Gladis and Gordon DePree

Often I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels, being busy but accomplish nothing, and yet maybe I'm looking at the wrong "results". Am I growing? Am I learning?
I pray that God would use me, that He would teach me to be a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, a better person. Am I letting him touch my heart? Am I letting HIM write my To Do list? I want to be all He intends for me to be, but I think sometimes I'm the one standing in the way with my list of priorities and expectations.
I want to let go and let God take control of my life, I want to loosen my grip, surrender.
Only with God's help is that possible.
I'm letting go.



No comments:

Post a Comment